Veuillez noter que ce billet est présentement disponible uniquement en anglais
Salesforce, the leading cloud-based CRM solution, is a robust management tool for managing a variety of business tasks. It’s likely that you have decided to use Salesforce at a business already in existence, with ongoing sales opportunities and in-progress tasks. Manually entering data is a non-starter! Have no fear, there are a number of different ways data can be imported into Salesforce to ensure you get up and running in the least amount of time possible.
Take a look through the suggestions below and be sure to read through the Salesforce documentation on Preparing Your Data for Import.
How to Import Data in Salesforce
1. Salesforce Import Wizard: The Salesforce Import Wizard was developed by Salesforce.com and is touted as a simple tool for accounts, contacts, leads, solutions and custom objects. This is available absolutely free of cost and helps to prevent duplicate data from being loaded. It’s simple interface is also great for new users.
2. Apex Data Loader: Another free and easy-to-use tool that helps you to import your data into the Salesforce objects is the Apex Data Loader. This was also developed by Salesforce.com and it is indeed a simple application. With this you can import, export and also delete an unlimited amount of data and information in Salesforce. Currently only available for Enterprise Edition and above, and the app you download only works on Windows machines.
3. Force.com Excel Connector: This free option is great for those who love excel. This open source tool works on Professional Editions and above. It’s great for loading small batches or moving data bi-directionally.
4. Jitterbit Data Loader for Salesforce: This free tool runs on both Mac and PC, and allows Salesforce administrators to manage the import and export of data. It is compatible with all Salesforce group editions and above, and supports multiple logins.
5. Dataloader io: The Databloader io has a clean and simple interface that makes it easy to import, export and delete data in Salesforce no matter what edition you use. This third party tool allows you to schedule task and opportunity imports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
6. Informatica Cloud Data Loader for Salesforce: This is another free data loading application that automates the import and export of Salesforce and Force.com data between databases. It works on Salesforce professional editions and above. Yes, with this crucial tool you can secure sensitive data with data masking.
Now that you are familiar with the various ways to import opportunities into Salesforce you can choose the one that best suits your needs. If you need more guidance or want help executing the data import, we at Big Bang ERP are always here to help, just give us a shout!